Iker Casillas saw that Gianluigi Donnarumma was one of Gigi Buffon's heirs, but he also still hopes that the veteran Juventus keeper continues to play.
Buffon has been planning to retire from the world of football after the World Cup in the summer, and Casillas briefly talks about his old friend when he received the Golden Foot award at Monte Carlo.
Casillas: "Well, I want him to keep playing soccer, because in addition to being a friend I think he is a good example for every goalkeeper in the world."
Casillas: "I also think that he has good marks when you look at what he has accomplished, especially last year when he was nominated for many different awards."
Casillas: "So I hope he will reconsider his decision and keep playing football, because he still has quality."
Casillas: "As for Donnarumma, in fact it is that he is a young goalkeeper with a lot of potential, and that's been proven at the moment."
Casillas: "I think the Italian national team should remain calm, because after Buffon announced his retirement then they have got a replacement and I think it looks like Donnarumma will be a great goalkeeper for Italy.
